Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Importance of a Strong Tattoo Portfolio


Before even attempting to find a tattoo apprenticeship, I would definitely recommend putting together a decent portfolio of your finest artwork. If you don't have anything to show, you're probably not going to be taken too seriously. Gathering the courage to approach a Tattoo Artist is only the first step to becoming a Tattoo Apprentice.

I tried to put a lot of variety into my portfolio. Not only did I display my own personal style, I tried to draw a lot of Tattoo Flash. Sacred Hearts, Skull and Cross Bones, Roses, Traditional Japanese, etc...I also tried taking on drawings as if they were actually tattoos. Its funny how the simplest drawing becomes an unexpected battle.

Basically, have confidence in your portfolio and have an open mind. Be ready and willing to learn. Oh yeah, be ready to work :)

Heres an article I read by Karen L. Hudson at about.com. Hope this help you guys out.

Mikey Bonez

No comments:

Post a Comment